- All education up to undergraduate in Mexico City.
- B.Sc. Actuarial Scientist, National Autonomous University of Mexico. August, 1997.
- M.Sc. Mathematics. University of Arizona. May, 2002.
- Ph.D. Physiological Sciences, University of Arizona. December, 2008.
- Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Arizona. January 2014.
- Postdoctoral Scholar and Research Assistant Professor. Arizona State University. September, 2008- June, 2011.
- Assistant professor, University of Puerto Rico, July 2011- Dec. 2012.
- Research Associate, Center for Research on Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Public Health, May 2013-March 2014.
- Research Faculty, Evelyn F. McKnight Brain Institute, 2009-present.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Mathematics Institute, National Autonomous University of Mexico, August 2014- Dec. 2014.
- Professor, School of Science, National Autonomous University of Mexico, January 2014 – present.